A sustainable ("green") home extends beyond recycling and energy efficiency, as many clients today want a lifestyle that lessens their carbon footprint. Participants in this course will discuss components of “living green," and how using technology can actually help their clients live a more sustainable life. Additionally, attendees will discuss the ways control systems can improve durability, and enhance health and comfort of a home's occupants through HVAC, lighting and lighting control, automated shading, smart appliances, and water usage. Participants will also discuss how a cooperative mentality among trades in the design and build process can help clients achieve their sustainability goals.
- Recognize key areas of green and sustainable living and how integrated home systems can create synergies
- Recognize the importance of making “green living” easy, empowering homeowners, and helping them measure results
- Define green benefits of control systems for: HVAC, lighting and lighting control, automated shading, smart appliances, and water leak detection
- Recognize impact of LEED for homes
- Discuss sustainable living and renewable energies such as solar and battery storage systems