Cabling & Infrastructure Technician School
This course will give you the knowledge necessary to begin working as a technician installing cabling and infrastructure to support integrated smart homes.
- Identify jobsite tools and understand their proper usage
- Identify the various elements of common cables
- Explain how a cable will best perform in given circumstances
- Describe techniques for installing infrastructure into existing spaces
- Describe cabling best practices, such as labeling, routing, and dressing
- Recall various testing equipment used for different cable types
- Understand termination procedures for general purpose cables
CEDIA Outreach Instructor
This course prepares you to present continuing education courses to designers, builders, and architects in your local area. This is only available to CEDIA members who hold a company membership. This program creates new business opportunities, allowing you to deliver technology education with the ability to provide CEU/CPD credits for several national and international design and build industry associations.
- Introduction to the COI programme
- Review the available courseware
- Learn proper presentation techniques
- Explore best practices for class preparation
- Discover useful communication and questioning techniques
- Identify different learning styles
Growing Your Integration Business
This one-day event is designed to support owners and decision makers at growing UK integration businesses. Receive guidance on important operational and commercial topics from business experts who understand the home technology industry.
- 09:00 - 09:30am - Coffee and arrival
- 09:30 - 11:00am - Building your Business with Training. Presenter: Leslie Shiner
- 11:00 - 11:30am - Coffee
- 11:30am - 12:30pm - 7 Key Ways to Attract and Retain Top Talent Presenter: Mina Machacek
- 12:30 - 13:30pm - Lunch
- 13:30 - 16:30pm - Improve Profitability using the CEDIA Business Toolkit Presenter: Leslie Shiner
Home Cinema Design
This two-day course will introduce and explore the formal skills required to design dedicated home cinemas and media rooms.
- Learn a foundation in Home Cinema engineering
- Understand Home Cinema best practices
- Understand the science and calculations behind Home Cinema design
- Making difficult decisions in difficult rooms
- Translating client requirements into design plans
Home Technology Integrator
Any company substantially engaged in the design and/or installation of home technology systems. The Home Technology Integrator classification is a company membership and each employee is considered a CEDIA member and may take advantage of member benefits.
- Reference: One (1) active CEDIA member reference or three (3) supplier company references
- License: Comply with all applicable state/province, county, country, and/or municipal licensing requirements.
- Insurance: Carry general liability or similar insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 USD or equivalent .
Individuals who are entering, training within, retired from, or exploring the home technology industry. The Individual Membership allows one (1) person to access limited membership benefits.
The CEDIA Outreach Instructor Program, CEDIA Groups, Exhibitor Discounts, Finder Service listing, Member of Excellence program, and any company/project based CEDIA Awards are not included in the Individual Membership.
Member rates for The Cinema Designer and market research are not included in the Individual Membership.
Any company that provide services to the home technology industry. Consulting services, manufacturer representatives, trade magazines or other media, schools, associations, and other trades working in the home are examples of companies which will be included in the Industry-Related Professional class. This class is a company membership and each employee is considered a CEDIA member and may take advantage of member benefits.
- One (1) active CEDIA member reference or three (3) supplier company references
Integrated Systems Technician School
This educational pathway supports technicians and industry professionals with a desire to continue the journey of professional certification in the field of systems integration.
- Network Configuration
- Types of Distributed Audio Systems
- Home Cinema and Audio Components
- Systems Integration, Control, and Automation
- Video & Audio Configuration
- Video Sources and Display Types
KNX Basic Training
This course explores the principles of the KNX protocol and includes both theoretical learning and hands-on exercises to build your understanding of the KNX system configuration tool, ETS.
- KNX System Overview
- TP Topology
- TP Installation
- Bus Devices
- KNX and RF
- ETS Programming
This two-day course is a great way to get a complete understanding of how to design lightingfor the integrated home.
- Understand lamp characteristics and capabilities
- Understand dimming types and how to test them
- Apply fundamental science needed for lighting control system design
- Understand Part L compliance
Network Specialist School
This education pathway provides a strong foundation for technicians interested in advancing their professional knowledge through a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of networking.
- Standards and the OSI Model
- Network Hardware
- Network Configuration
- Wireless Networking Hardware and Operations
- Network Design, Planning, and Troubleshooting
- Network Security and Performance
Smart Home Essentials
Designed for residential contractors joining the smart home industry, this training covers domestic digital infrastructure installation and best practices in audio, video, equipment installation, and rack building.
- Fundamentals of Cables and Connectivity
- Testing & Verification
- Audio, Video, and RF Systems
- Rack Building
- Wiring Fundamentals
Trade Supplier (Manufacturers & Distributors)
Any company that supplies equipment, goods, parts or services to Home Technology Integrators. This classification includes manufacturers and distributors and is a company membership and each employee is considered a CEDIA member and may take advantage of member benefits.
- One (1) active CEDIA member reference or three (3) integrator company references